Publisher Thomas Nelson
This book appears in the following featured collections.
- John Piper's OT Commentary Recommendations by Desiring God Ministries (John Piper)
- Tremper Longman III's 5-Star Commentaries by Tremper Longman III
- Ultimate Commentary Collection - OT Technical by John Glynn
- Essential Commentaries for a Preacher's Library - OT by Derek Thomas
- Old Testament Advanced Commentaries by Moore College Journal: Societas
- Building a Commentary Library - Old Testament by Invitation to Biblical Interpretation
Masterful exegesis. His interaction with Samuel-Kings and Chronicles is thorough; however, you may be left wanting for application of the text.
Although they are on the more technical side, the commentaries by Braun and Dillard in the Word Biblical Commentary series are indispensable for serious study of the text. Each also offers helpful theological insight, sometimes missing from technical commentaries. The layout of the Word Biblical Commentaries can take some getting used to, but in the case of these two works, it is worth the effort. [Full Review]
Similar to Braun for 1 Chronicles, with appreciation of Williamson's work in several cases. [Full Review]