This book appears in the following featured collections.
- Favorite Commentaries for Personal Study by Jeremy Pierce (parableman)
- Recommended NT Commentaries by Denver Seminary Journal
- Ultimate Commentary Collection - NT Expositional by John Glynn
- Commentaries I use for sermon prep by Eric Nygren
- Essential Commentaries for a Preacher's Library - NT by Derek Thomas
Bock has written much on Luke-Acts. This particular volume is more pastoral and layperson focused, so sifting out much of the technical stuff and boiling down to key themes and teaching points. I found this very helpful on the parables, but less so on the other portions. Given the immense size and depth of content in Luke's account, a one volume commentary under 700 pages is obviously going to have to leave much unsaid that could be said. But it does what it intends to do more than adequately.
Yes, a third commentary on Luke! This will be the most helpful for application.