The IVP Introduction to the Bible
* Desmond Alexander, author of From Paradise to the Promised Land
* Tremper Longman III, author of How to Read the Psalms and How to Read Proverbs
* Howard Marshall, author of New Testament Theology
* Mark Strauss, author of Four Portraits, One Jesus All are involved in teaching biblical studies at a theological college, seminary or university, and each writing in their area of specialization. As they guide you expertly through the details, your understanding of the Bible and its message will be greatly enhanced. Readers of all stripes, from curious non-Christians to serious students of the Bible, will find The IVP Introduction to the Bible a helpful and enjoyable resource.
- Introduction / Philip Johnston --
- Introducing the Bible / Mark Strauss --
- Introducing the Old Testament.
- Old Testament story / Desmond Alexander.
- Old Testament background / Jamie Grant.
- Old Testament theology / Philip Johnston.
- Old Testament interpretation / Jamie Grant --
- Pentateuch / Desmond Alexander --
- Historical books / Philip Johnston --
- Poetic books / Tremper Longman III --
- Prophets / Ernest Lucas --
- Between the testaments / Carl Mosser --
- Introducing the New Testament.
- New Testament story / Ian Paul.
- New Testament background / Carl Mosser.
- New Testament theology / Mark Strauss.
- New Testament interpretation / Brian Rosner --
- Gospels / Howard Marshall --
- Acts / Mark Strauss --
- Letters / Ian Paul, Brian Rosner, Carl Mosser --
- Revelation / Carl Mosser --
- Reading the Bible.
This physical volume has several internal sections, each of which has been reviewed independently
- Gospels by I. Howard Marshall
- Pentateuch by T. Desmond Alexander
- Historical books by Philip S. Johnston
- Poetic books by Tremper Longman III
- Prophets by Ernest C. Lucas
- Between the testaments by Carl Mosser
- Acts by Mark L. Strauss
- Letters by Ian Paul, Brian S. Rosner, and Carl Mosser
- Revelation by Carl Mosser
- Introducing the Bible by Mark L. Strauss