Publisher Fortress Press
This book appears in the following featured collections.
- New Testament Advanced Commentaries by Moore Theological College Journal: Societas
- Cambridge Chinese Christian: Recommended Commentaries by Calvin Cheah
- Building an NT Commentary Library by Invitation to Biblical Interpretation (Kostenberger & Patterson)
- The Pastor’s Bookshelf by Scot McKnight
- New Testament Commentaries & Monographs by Princeton Theological Seminary
- Nijay Gupta's Top NT Commentaries by Nijay K. Gupta
- Recommended New Testament Commentaries for Evangelical Pastors by Thomas R. Schreiner
I didn't find this commentary very helpful. Attridge seems to be overly concerned with constructing a history of ideas behind the text, which while can be informative, in this case got in the way of actual interpretation of the text. Per the series, Attridge often had an excursus on relevant topics, which tended to be of more use than the surrounding exposition.
I begin with Harold Attridge, in part because I worked through it carefully with a class years back when it first appeared [Full Review]