Publisher Fortress Press
This book appears in the following featured collections.
- Recommended OT Commentaries by Denver Seminary Journal
- Tremper Longman's 5-Star Commentaries by Tremper Longman III
- Best Exegetical Commentaries by Jim Rosscup
- Ultimate Commentary Collection: OT Technical by John Glynn
- Commentaries by Jewish Scholars by Matt Quintana
The overall best commentary on Amos. Though highly technical, Paul's approach makes this commentary still accessible for a wide audience. Most strongly recommended.
I can count on one hand the number of commentaries in the Hermeneia series that I find very helpful. This one is probably the only one I would enthusiastically recommend. It is geared toward a more scholarly audience, but it is packed with helpful insight into the meaning of Amos. Very highly recommended.
Excellent analysis of text with an emphasis on Ancient Near Eastern parallels and backgrounds. [Full Review]